ISY - PHARMACY DRAWER SYSTEM
FOR VIOLA PHARMA DIVISION
ISY was born out of the willingness to re-enter the pharmaceutical retail supply chain after the company had spent its previous decade focusing on other sectors.
The cardinal point of our creative thought was to innovate the main work instrument of a pharmacist, the medicine drawer unit, on three points:
Simplicity of utilization;
Higher durability over competitors;
HYPOTHESIS 1 - Restyling of our then top selling drawer system, Cosmos, giving it a redesign and improving the drawers sliding
- Project fast to execute and easily well received in the market;
- No need for large investments.
- Lower differentiation with its original model already present in the market;
- Complicated assembly.
HYPOTHESIS 2 - Development of a completely new drawer system that was modular, extremely robust and fast to assemble, all of which to be combined with an innovative drawer in carbon steel.
- Modular setting = assembly up to 75% faster ;
- Boundless combinations and always changeable ;
- Constructive choice already geared towards durability and resistance.
- Further time and larger investments for research and development;
- Purchase of an entirely new production line required.
Even though it presented a much bigger economical and technical challenge, the solution of choice was one that held the highest potential: the modular structure.
ANALYSIS OF THE MARKET'S DEMANDS
This was one of the longest steps due to the wide variety of drawer systems utilizations. Our conclusion was to set the design from 3 key elements:
• Support base
• 3 drawers module
• 4 drawers module
With these 3 elements it is possible to create all the necessary configurations. When conceiving the design of the drawer it was evident that there a customized production line would be required.
FIRST 3D MODEL
Many of the product's current characteristics were included when designing the 3d model, such as:
3 DRAWER BOTTOMS
Drawers with 3 different types of drawer bottom: full metal, transparent and wire mesh
Self supporting structures and larger ball bearings.
FULL USE OF STORAGE SPACE
Increased drawer extraction and complete utilization of the inside space.
CREATING A MOCKUP
The creation of the first mockups of the structure modules took around 2 months of constant work in which a few improvements were made:
A. It was stabilished that the assembly of the product would be done entirely from the front of the drawer units;
B. Better stock efficiency by eliminating any unused spaces insed the structures;
C. Optimization of the base;
D. Increased extraction of the drawers;
THE DEFINITE PROTOTYPE
By the end of a long process that lasted months the first modules of drawer system sees the light of day.
Because of its increadibly fast and simple assembly it is named:
From the final product to the first delivered columns 7 months go by, which were necessary for:
1. Installation of a S4+P4 line dedicated to the production of the drawers;
2. Creation of pneumatic assembly accessories for the modules;
3. Creation of molds for all plastic elements;
4. Definition of packaging, logistics and all of marketing support materials;
5. Creation of a sales network geared towards our pharma division.
In 2009 ISY starts being sold in Italy and in the following years its success reaches abroad.
FROM AN IDEA TO A SUCCESSFUL PRODUCT
PHARMACIES WITH ISY
OVER 50 COUNTRIES
ZERO DRAWER BEARINGS BROKEN OR MALFUNCTIONING IN OVER 9 YEARS
Need further information?
Register to download the full catalog, technical files andmuch more!
Back To Top